However keen you are to take a trip abroad or a weekend jaunt to the country, make sure your home is secure before you leave. As the weather gets warmer we are inclined to get a little more lapsed about home security – forgetting to close windows, leaving patio doors open etc. These are all open invitations to burglars. The longer you are away, the … more vulnerable your house becomes. Here are a few quick fire tips on keeping your home safe as houses.
- First off and a bit obvious but check that doors and windows are locked both back and front
- If you”re out for the evening, close the curtains and leave a light on in a main room
- If you are away, get a neighbour to check in each morning and evening to make it look like someone is home
- If you have taken the car with you, get a neighbour to park in your driveway
- If you have an alarm, leave a key and the codes with a neighbour or friend. An alarm that is continuously going off is not only annoying to neighbours but also a clear sign to potential burglars that there”s nobody home.
Remember there is no such thing as a burglary-proof home. There is such thing as a home that is just too damn difficult to break into. It”s just common sense.