The former National Irish Bank branch on Dublin’s O’Connell Street is expected to sell shortly for a sum close to the asking price of €1 million.
The highly distinctive four-storey over basement building, which was converted to bank use in the 1950s, is expected to be converted into retail use when the sale goes through according to a report in today’s Irish Times.
It has 641sq m (6,900sq ft) of floor space, including 292sq m (2,066sq ft) in the ground floor banking hall.
There are two single storey extensions to the rear along with a small yard accessed from Parnell Place.
The building was designed by Scottish architect David Bryce and completed in 1863.
The pediment is supported by six fluted Corinthian columns and has a carving of The Ten Virgins by John Steell.
The bank branch was one of 26 which ceased trading last November when owners Danske Bank decided to close its retail banking operation in Ireland.
Stephen McCarthy of agent Savills has since sold 12 of 14 branches owned by the bank.
Source: The Irish Times