Choosing an estate agent is an important part of selling your home and there are a number of considerations which should be taken into account.
- If you used the same estate agent before, did the agent do a good job?
- Do they respond to telephone calls/ emails quickly?
- Do they have a website to advertise your property and how quickly can they upload your details? (More importantly, are they members of MyHome.ie?)
- How long has the estate agent been operating in the area? This may reflect on how well the agent know the area and in particular the market in this area.
- Do they have a list of potential buyers interested in a property like yours? And if not, what happens if they can’t find a buyer?
- Choose quality of service over price. You need an agent who will sell your property quickly obtaining the best possible price.
- You need to agree on the best selling features of your property.
You may wish to ask your agent what kind of qualifications/experience they have and if they belong to a professional estate agent organisation (e.g.: I.A.V.I. or I.P.A.V )