Even if the sun doesn’t always have his hat on, IKEA‘s Liz Johnston provides ideas to help you make the most of the inside and outside of your home this summer.
Green fingered or not, we love our gardens. Whether you love to sunbathe, garden or entertain there are many ways to increase the fun you get from your outside space. It’s also the perfect time of the year to brighten up the interior of your home and embrace some vibrant colours.
Here are my top tips to create the perfect summer atmosphere inside and out:
- Be brave with colour by adding some bright accessories. Some colourful cushions, throws or blinds can be used throughout the home. Don’t be afraid to put contrasting colours or patterns together as this adds interest and makes a real impact.
- Outdoor furniture gives you an ideal area to eat and entertain throughout the summer, adding extra living space to your home. If you want hardwearing furniture that’s also comfortable and stylish, then I recommend IKEA‘s KVARNO outdoor furniture series. The adjustable backrests in the chairs make it one of the most relaxing places to enjoy the long summer days!
- Even with limited space you can create a beautiful area to spend time during the summer. Potted plants are ideal for bringing colour into a small garden or courtyard. For a more interesting look try IKEA‘s handy ROTERA planting bags which come in a great range of colours.
- After the sun goes down don’t rush inside! Outdoor lighting can create a beautiful setting to enjoy your garden for longer. There are many forms of lighting including hanging lights and lanterns. One of the most attractive lighting features is our SOMMAR Lantern for tealights. These make bringing light into your garden quick and easy, transforming it into the perfect place to spend an evening.
- To really make the most of your garden try the ultimate in outdoor living with a hammock! At IKEA our GRENO and DYNING hammocks will help you unwind after and digest a summer barbeque.
Source: IKEA – Liz Johnston