MyHome.ie Viewing Checklist
This checklist is designed to assist you in choosing the right property to buy. It asks key questions which should help you to match your needs and expectations to the right property for you. Print it and bring it to your viewings.
Length of time on the market:
- Is the property location convenient – close to desired amenities (schools, shops, public transport etc.)?
- Is the area generally attractive – with clean, well-maintained gardens/open areas?
- Is the area safe? What are the crime levels?
- Are there traffic problems?
Gardens Size & Condition
- Do the gardens offer sufficient privacy?
- Is the property situated too close to the road?
- What type of parking is available?
- If there is no parking space, how much would it cost to get one?
- Is there a shed/ other out buildings?
- If so, what is their condition?
Property Exterior: First impression of overall condition
- How does the property rate when compared with neighbouring properties?
- Property Age
- Structural condition
- Architectural Style
- No. of floors
- Condition of doors and windows
- Type of Windows
- Total number of rooms
- Total number of sq. ft. / sq. m.
- Wardrobes/Cupboards(size and number)
- Is there extra storage available?
- Utility Room
- What is your overall impression of the style of the interior of the property?
- What is your overall impression of the condition of the interior of the property?
– Entrance Hall
– Dining Room
– Living Room
– Family Room
– Master Bedroom
– Additional Bedroom
– Bathroom Fixtures
– Utility Room
– Other flooring
– Natural Lighting
– General Lighting
- Age of system
- Is it under warranty?
- Areas/items in need of repair.
- Outdoor lighting
- Play area
- Work area
- Cable TV
- Smoke detector
- Phone line
Additional furnishings included in purchase price
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
Other Key Considerations
- Potential Resale Value
- Will the property meet your future needs?
- Does the property and location have features that would make it easy to sell?