Dare we mention that the back to school madness is already nearly upon us once again! However the summer holidays are not over just yet and there is still plenty of time to head away for a few days before we all settle back into routines for another year.
If you are thinking of holidaying in Ireland MyHome.ie is on hand with new research of holiday home rentals in Ireland detailing the most popular holiday destinations in the country AND also which counties offer that best value for money. Kerry tops the poll as the most popular destination for self-catering “Staycationers”, Galway follows close behind in… second with counties Wexford and Clare taking third and fourth place.
Dublin, Meath and Westmeath top the price list with the most expensive holiday homes, while Monaghan, Longford and Offaly offer best value for money. The average price of renting a holiday home in the city is could set you back approx €735 per week while those looking for budget prices, self catering accommodation in Monaghan is on offer from as little as €262, Longford from €290 and Offaly from €315.
Check out some of our holiday home favourites
- Kilmore Quay, Wexford – Avg price for 4 nights in August €360
- Spiddal, Co Galway – July / Aug €550 per week
- Letterkenny, Co Donegal – Aug €4000 for 4 nights
If you are looking for something a little more exclusive, take a look at these!
- Clifden 26126, Churchill Galway from €2,800 / Week
- Lough Ine Skibbereen, County Cork from €2,180 / Week
- Walshes Lough, Rosslare Strand Resort, Wexford from €2,000 / Week
Read the full press release