Three of Ireland’s top leading developers; McNamara, Treasury Holdings and The Bailey brothers’ of Bovale Developments have all outlined plans to develop cinema complexes at ‘key sites’ in the capital. In the current “climate” it would not be a surprise if some questioned and raised an eyebrow on hearing about their plans; are they totally barmy or very optimistic?
So who wants to build what and where?…
- The Bailey brothers’ want to build a 9 screen cinema at Charlestown Shopping Centre in Finglas
- Treasury Holdings plan to begin work on “The Spring Cross Vue multiplex” in Ballymun in the middle of next year
- While McNamara are one step ahead and hope to start building a new €100m cinema AND shopping complex next to the Square in Tallaght later this year
However given the current economic conditions, the growing complications with NAMA and financial concerns, Bookmaker Paddy Power has already set his odds as to who will open their doors first;
- Bailey brothers’ the favourite at 4/5
- Treasury Holdings the outsider at 4/1
- McNamara at 7/4
Although the odds have been set of who will open their doors first, no odds on the opening dates have been set… I wonder why?