Interior Designer Jackie Carton has plenty of experience in transforming a tired kitchen into a fabulous focal point of the home. In this article Jackie demonstrates how this can be achieved with a variety of budgets with stunning effect. Whether the aim was to breathe new life into an existing kitchen or have it looking perfect for selling, both traditional and modern examples work just as well. But whatever your plans don’t forget this important checklist:
- Ensure the kitchen layout works for you – is there sufficient storage? Enough worktop space? Electrical outlets for each appliance? A utility space? The practical considerations must come first in this room as it is such a functional space.
- Consider your budget – decide how much needs to be spent on the more costly items such as flooring, tiling etc. before you begin.
- Declutter! Yes, even in the kitchen it makes a big difference…
- Use colour wisely: bright colour accents often work best, adding fresh notes also helps provide interest.
- Invest in key design elements, be it a piece of furniture or door handles!
- Look at the options for professional help but be aware that some may be linked to suppliers.