They say a picture tells a thousand words but a video can often tell a lot more.
Given the current social distancing guidelines, it is not always practical to hold viewings of a property like you would normally.
However people are still looking for places and rooms to rent so why not consider recording a video with a walkthrough of your place.
These are easily added to MyHome.ie listings and with rental ads able to be uploaded at 50% of the cost of our nearest competitors can make you really stand out from the competition.
Here are some tips to record the clip:
- You don’t need to be a film editor to make a good video. Simply record on your mobile phone as you walk through each room of the property.
- Start at the front door and guide your way through the property as if you were showing a potential renter around.
- Talk throughout the clip informing them of key benefits of the property and features of each room.
- Also mention other local amenities such as public transport routes nearby, schools, services etc.
- Wear runners or soft sole shoes so that the noise from your feet isn’t prominent in the videos.
- Once happy with your clip upload it to a service such as YouTube or Vimeo. Once this is complete copy the link, log into MyHome.ie and paste the URL into the designated field on the Videos tab of the Media section.
This example of a recent video by an agent in Dublin 15 shows how simple the process can be.
You can place an ad now at www.myhome.ie/place-ad
If we can be of any assistance in helping you with your upload please do not hesitate in emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org